- The Personal Data in the Diary should be completed, signed by parents/guardians and submitted to the concerned class teacher.
- Students who come on their own or by private transport should reach school ND Block between 7:40 to 7:50 a.m. at gate no. 3 and at TP Block not later than 8.30 a.m. No late comers will be admitted in the school and will be sent back. No student is allowed to bring bicycle/scooter/motorcycle/car to school. School will not be responsible for loss or damage to the vehicle.
- Students who are escorted by servants or who come by private transport should not leave unescorted. In case of delay, they should report to the school reception.
- No student should visit canteen after 7:55 a.m. To purchase an item from canteen, one should go to canteen before 7:55 a.m., during recess or after school is over.
- No lunch boxes will be received later in the school for any student. Students should carry their own lunch boxes with them in the morning. They should bring hand sanitizer with them regularly.
- Student should wear neat, clean and ironed school uniform with the Identity Card regularly.
- Non Sikh boys should get their hair cut at regular intervals. Sikh boys must wear turbans from Class IX and above. Wearing school shoes and socks, decent hair cut, nail cut, tying of hair neatly for girls - all these must be taken care of. Inners and vests must be worn without fail.
- Sports House Uniform shall be worn only on the assigned days for a particulars class.
- Students should maintain discipline and silence in classrooms, laboratories as well as in the vicinity of the school library.
Code of Conduct
- No student should damage school furniture, white/black/Eboards, other items or deface the walls or in any way damage things belonging to others. Damage done even by accident should be reported at once to the Class Teacher or to the Incharge or the Principal. Any damage done will have to be made good by the one who causes it or the whole class will be held responsible.
Students are advised to keep their class rooms/toilets/school building/campus as neat as possible and throw litter into the dustbins only.
- No student shall indulge in any unwanted activity. Indiscipline in any form will not be tolerated. Indulgence in any of the indisciplinary activity will be regarded as an offence. It will be stirctly dealt with and may result in suspension, restriction, fine or written apology or issue of Yellow/Red/Black card. Yellow card as 2nd warning, Red card as final reminder and Black card as last resort in form of suspension or so.
- (a) spitting in or near the school building/school campus;
- (b) disfiguring or otherwise damaging any school property;
- (c) rowdyism, rude behaviour, whistling and shouting, bullying;
- (d) use of violence in any form, foul language;
- (e) casteism, communalism or practice of untouchability;
- (f) bursting of crackers in school premises;
- (g) chewing gum during the school premises;
- (h) littering the school premises;
- (i) writing on school walls;
- (j) moving around in school without ‘Class Pass’ during assembly and school hours;
- (k) carrying undesired / unwanted magazines, e-cigarette, money, valuable items, CDs, cameras, mobile phones or any other expensive electronic gadget to school under any circumstances;
- (l) bunking classes / school;
- (m) wearing undesirable dress, shoes / things (not in accordance with uniform / dress code of the school);
- (n) Stealing, breaking, damaging E-boards, other electronic / mechanical devices or any other school property;
- (o) Unacceptable and indecent behaviour or activity in or outside school;
- (p) damage to buses, misconduct with drivers, conductors or bus mates.
- Wilful absenteism in any class especially in the secondary and senior secondary classes is extremely undesirable and strict action will be taken in this regard.
- Under no circumstances will a student be allowed to go home after examination/test is over or during regular school hours. Leave for half-a-day will not be given except in emergency and should be avoided for security reasons. Taking away your child from the class for a short period or for a medical checkup is not recommended.
- The photograph of a student will not be attested by the Principal or accepted by teachers if it is not in proper school uniform.
- Any kind of warning/punishment loses entitlement to any awards.
Issuing of Card
|Yellow Card||st warning to a student to reform her/his ways.|
|Red Card||Final warning to check her/his conduct and be ready for strict action against her/him.|
|Black Card||Strict action to be taken by the Discipline Committee.|
- Transport is a facility extended to the students of the school and is not a matter of right for parents. The school reserves the right to add/alter or withdraw this facility on any of the routes with due notice to the parents. The routes can also be changed in case of repair of the roads etc. without any prior notice to the students/parents. Such changes will remain operative till the timethe road is declared open and safe by the authorities. Parents are also requested not to make any comparison with other school routes and stops etc.
- Routes are fixed (unless necessary on a valid reason to change). Students must get into the bus only from the stops specified to them. They must not request or coerce the driver to stop the bus at stops other than specified or to increase the number of stops according to their convenience.
- Transport charges are fixed according to the distance to be covered.
- Once the school transport facility is accepted, it has to be continued throughout the academic session.
- Parents are requested not to enter into any kind of argument or discussion with bus drivers or conductors. In case of problem / complaint, the bus Incharge or the Principal should be informed.
- Students should listen to the announcement made regarding their bus number and must move in a line in discipline to ensure orderly boarding.
- In case the students are not availing school transport and are using carpools, kindly verify the antecedents of the driver of the vehicle thoroughly. The school will not be responsible for any mishap / problem regarding the carpool/driver. Parents are advised in their own interest to note the vehicle number and possess a recent photo ID of the driver, with his permanent address proof. Kindly ensure that the vehicle is carrying only the permitted number of students. Police verification of the driver is a must. This also holds applicable in case of a servant/maid.
- Attention Please:
- • Seek attention of the driver
- • Stand on the seat of the bus or unsupported
- • Disobey bus incharge/attendant
- • Shake hands with other students of other buses at red lights
- • Eat in the bus and discard trash inside or throw outside the bus
- • Run behind or in front of the bus
- • Reserve seats for friends/keep bags on seats/rush or fight for the window seat
- • Put any part of body out of window
- • Keep windows open
- • Come from backside of the standing bus
- • Push or shove while getting on or off the bus
- • Board while bus is moving.
Recommendation to Parent/Guardian
- Motivate your ward to speak in English at all times. Politeness in speech, low volume, decent language speak a lot about a child. Arrogance, argument, pride, indifference do not leave a good impression. Ensure that your child cultivates the right qualities and interest in studies, cocurricular and sports activities.
- Check the school diary everyday, visit school webside for circulars, messages, changes and complaints etc. if any from teachers, school, examination related and CBSE.
- Check the haircut, uniform and punctuality of your ward. Confirm your ward carries contents according to the timetable for that day. Ensure he/she wears Identity Card.
- Restrict daily pocket money. Excessive spending should be discouraged.
- Lunch should be properly packed so that the notebooks are not stained or spoiled. A napkin is always handy.
- Check that your ward does not carry prohibited articles like mobile, i-phones, cash, jewellery, expensive articles & gadgets to school. These will be confiscated and will lead to punishment.
- Criticism of a teacher should be avoided in the presence of the child because it undermines respect for the teachers and the school. In case of a legitimate complaint, please meet the Class Teacher / Principal. Similarly do not discuss family problems in front of your child.
- Make sure that you meet the Class Teacher and Subject Teachers on all Parent Teacher meetings. Kindly adhere to the timings given. In emergency you can meet a teacher on prior permission only during visiting hours with the permission of the receptionist. No parent/guardian should visit classroom to meet the concerned teacher under any circumstance or without Principal’s permission.
- Carry Identity Card issued by the school during your visit to school. Only parents and not brothers, sisters, uncles, aunts or strangers should be sent to collect their ward or to collect report card or meet Class Teacher.
- Ensure that your ward wears identity card and comes in school uniform on Parent Teacher Meeting. No child will be allowed/entertained in dress other than school uniform and without I-Card.
- The school reserves the right to detain or deny promotion to a student whose performance continues to remain unsatisfactory.
- To handle emergencies successfully, maintain communication with teachers and keep records up to date. Any change of address or telephone number should be notified immediately to the school.
- Avoid encouraging your ward to take leave on examination days or to return home after her/his examination is over.
- There is a need to be aware of Three R’s of the On-line world - Rights, Responsibilities and Respect before you give your ward access to use internet.
- Convey your impression about the work of your ward at home on first fifteenth of every month on page provided in the Diary by using one of the remarks
a. Very Satisfactory b. Satisfactory c. Unsatisfactory
Incentives - Awards & Scholarships
The school confers the following awards, scholarships and certificates to students who excel in academics, co-curricular and sports activities. It is an incentive to encourage and appreciate their hard work and sincere efforts.
- Gold medal for securing A+ (Outstanding) in all subjects in classes III-V.
- Award for securing A1 in all scholastic and co-scholastic subjects in classes VI-X.
- Cash Award for securing 90% or above aggregate marks in class XI with minimum 75% attendance in that academic session.
- Award for excelling in Sports/Extra curricular activity at National/International level.
- A Blue Blazer for securing CGPA-10 or A1 in all subjcts for three consecutive years from Class VI-VIII.
- A Green Blazer for securing CGPA-10 for A1 in all subjects for five consecutive years from Class VI-X.
- ‘Student of the Year’ award is presented by NIE, The Times of India to a student who is overall first in Class X Examination and is an all rounder, exceptionally good in curricular, cocurricular and extra curricular activities.
- ‘Student of the Year’ award will be given to a student who is an allrounder, exceptionally good in all academic, cultural, sports and other cocurricular activities and has secured A+ in all subjects with 100% attendance.
- Medals are awarded to students with 100% attendance from class II to class X.
- An Appreciation award on Felicitation Ceremony by the Chairman of the school for a class XII pass out student (previous session) who secures highest marks in a subject/highest aggregate streamwise in CBSE exam and wins an appreciable rank/placement in entrance examination or in a reputed institution.
- Sh. Satya Prakash Sondhi Charitable Scholarship of Rs. 6000/- is awarded to a Class X meritorious and underprivileged student for two years in two instalments.
- Nikhil Salhotra Scholarship of Rs. 800/- is awarded to overall topper of class VIII.